[Dailydrool] Dogs and Memories

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 10 17:39:42 PDT 2009

I've had several rescued dogs in the past that have been abused, one
unbelievably severely.  Dogs definitely do remember things, but they don't
think about and dwell on the memories like people tend to do.  Something
triggers a bad memory and they cower or run away or react - but once the
trigger is removed, they let the memory go.  So they do live in the here and
now, but they also definitely do remember both good and bad things from
their past.  Once again showing that in some ways they're a whole lot
smarter than we are.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

  _____