[Dailydrool] Hound not eating

Ellie Foth slave2thepaw at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 18:24:25 PDT 2009

I am having the same problem with my Artie not eating dog food.  It has been 2 weeks now and if I get him to eat 1/2 cup of kibble a day we are doing good.  Artie has always been a very picky eater.  Usually when the kibble gets the Royal Snub I just switch kibble but that did not work this time.

I did the thing where you put the food down for 15 minutes then take it up. I have with held all treats and still Artie is not eating. Artie went two whole days before he finally ate about 1/4 cup of kibble.  Heck he is not even eating his yogurt and Artie always loved yogurt.

 We were at the Vets last week and everything looks good.  Blood work fine, x-rays good, no sores in mouth, teeth are good.

Is there some supplement I can use to stimulate his appetite?

Ellie and Her Hounds Artie, Ballzie, Thelma Lu and Milly