[Dailydrool] Doggy dementia

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 11:33:20 PDT 2009

Has anyone out there had to deal with an aging dog that?appears to have?dementia.? Cysco, the golden, is nearing 14.? He wakes us all up (including the bassets) at all hours with a "yip".? Apparently he's forgotten that he's a big boy with a big boy bark.? He can't always pull himself up so he needs help.? The "yip" has a variety of meanings:? "I gotta go out",?"I'm thirsty",?"hey, let's play" or the more likely? "was that me??".? He sleeps during the day and wakes during the night - many many times.? Since I'm on the road most weeks, this is especially tiring for hubby.? The vet recommended Benedryl.? Any other suggestions?