[Dailydrool] moving w/a hound, doggie charms & doggie clothes

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:01:20 PDT 2009

First off, the boys here (including Crispin, the spaniel) are all drooling,
and flinging it to everyone & every pup that need it.

At the end of the month, I'll be moving a couple states away, with the hound
of course! But, this is my first time ever moving w/a dog (the parent's kept
the dog when I went to college the first time), any tips anyone has on
making the transition as easy as possible for Joey? He'll have his toys, his
bed (he uses my futon, so not sure why I'm bringing it!) and all, and for
the most part nothing in his routine will be the same, I'm jsut concerned
with him thinking he's been abandoned, etc. I know there'll be some stress,
as there is whenever surroundings change, but I'd like to try & minimize
that as much as possible.

Also, I found some "dog charms" I had shoved in a drawer. Shortly after I
adopted Joey, mom was at the craft store & found some "dog necklaces" (think
of a collar, not usable, but like a charm bracelet, only for dogs) and some
charms on sale, so she got them. He managed to break 2 necklaces, but the
charms weren't all used. There's some various ones; paw print, bone, cross,
etc. Could be good for either a boy or girl dog, and could go onto any sort
of jewlery (human) or keys or the like. I'm not planning to take them w/me
when I move, would anyone out in drool land (perhaps some sort of crafty
type person) be interested in them?

Also, I went through Joey's drawer (yes, he has his own drawer!) and he's
got some shirts and sweaters that don't fit any more. Do any droolers out
there need (or want) some garments for their houndies? I think that they're
mostly t-shirts, but I know of one sweater that's a bit small for him too.
(He's a really big boy!) All items are XL, and would probably easily fit a
40-50 lb. houndie. Some slightly bigger, but it's all about how the hounds
are built. I know some droolers have said that their houndies don't fair
well in the colder months, so maybe some of these could help that. Please
contact me if you'd be interested in any sort of doggie clothes, and I'll
see if something we have could work for ya!
--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473