[Dailydrool] Dog throwing up blood, worried

Mary Tipping MTipping at cblh.com
Tue Jul 14 08:38:33 PDT 2009

Hi, I need some advice and/or experiences from Droolers..I have a
furiend whose hound mix pupcake, Kallie, (not much over a year old) last
night began throwing up blood with no warning.  One minute she was
absolutely fine, a bundle of energy and ate her dinner just fine.  Her
mom went shopping at 7 p.m. and came home from the store a few hours
later and Kallie was throwing up so much blood it was horrendous--and
she was also lethargic.  She took Kallie to the vet last night and had
X-rays, and there is no blockage, thank doG.  She has been on Deromax
for hip displaysia for many months so they think it might be an ulcer,
but are not sure.  I am wondering if the dog got into something when her
mom went out.  My friend said she has torn her house apart looking for a
clue, thinking she ingested something as well, but came up with nothing
out of the ordinary.  This just came on so suddenly and she's frantic.
She's on new medicine now for the hip problem and nausea and is this
morning giving her a little bland food and water, hoping it stays down.
I said I would ask for some sage advice from Droolers, who are the best,
and have a wealth of advice and experience about so many health issues.
I am really worried for Kallie (who has had so many medical problems in
her young life), and her mom, as well.  Many thanks for any help you
could send my way and that I can pass on to my furiend!

Mary, Harley, Biggs and Leo

This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information.  Please email or call 302-658-9141 to advise the sender of a transmission error and delete the message and any attachments and any printouts.  Any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended and cannot be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or to promote, market or recommend to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.