[Dailydrool] More Paddi B Basset advice on matters aquatic

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 14 13:04:26 PDT 2009

Paddi read with horror that Maggie Wags goes in a wading pool! She would like to caution Maggie against such extreme behaviour. In a wading pool, there is Wetness and Damp. Need she say more?

She does admit to liking an ice cube now and then. Very crunchy and delicious in the warm weather but in her view Unrelated to water. They are a Treat! (You only get them when the person drops the ice cube tray but they are worth watching for.)

Paddi truly does make it her mission to prevent others from going in the water. When we're on the beach and she's off-leash, she body checks her cousin dogs (my brother-in-law's retrievers) to try to stop them from running in to the ocean after sticks and such. She used to pace anxiously up and down the shore sobbing quietly whenever they were in the water. She's more or less given that up, but she still does her best to reform them of their water-loving ways.

She's very glad to share her wisdom with Droolers and wishes all bassets a suitably dry summer. (It can rain. Just preferably not on her.)

Mary
for the opinionated Paddi B Basset
& Vernon Q, who is asleep.