[Dailydrool] The Man In the Closet - the Rest of the Story

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Tue Jul 14 18:49:33 PDT 2009

Well, now that Norm has made my obsession with Kenny Chesney public, we need
to tell you the story of how Kenny Chesney came to be living in my closet.

I have been a Kenny Chesney fan since early in his career - while I like
almost all country music, his music just captured my interest.  Since we
"raise" our puppies on country music, Native American flute music,  50's
rock & roll and a touch of classical music, Kenny became part of our musical
education for our puppies.

So . back to the story.  We (my hubby, Granny Pat and I and all 8 dogs) went
to the New Castle PA dog shows in late May.   Pat & Craig made a run to the
grocery store and beer store.  Lo and behold, there was a life size
cardboard Kenny Chesney at the beer store, advertising his favorite beer.
Well . Pat started negotiating with the young man who was tending the store.
Somehow (and she won't tell me but I think it involved some bribery), she
convinced him to let her take Kenny with her.  So, Pat and Craig came back
to our campsite and told me there was something in the van for me.  You can
imagine my surprise!  So, Kenny had a place of honor at the cookout we
hosted for our Basset Hound Club of Western PA - with his music playing of
course - and when we came home, he took up residence in my
craft/sewing/computer room.  I had lots of things going on in the room the
other day, so Kenny was standing in the closet with the closet door open (I
would NEVER shut him in the closet!).  And yes - I will admit it - sometimes
I put him in front of my iPod and pretend he is singing especially to me -
LOL - much to my 15 year old twin granddaughters' chagrin.

Sandi Wittenberg & The Red Bay Gang

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny, Norm & Opie

sandi at redbaybassets.com