[Dailydrool] Bassets swimming

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 04:11:01 PDT 2009

My Mazzie doesn't have to be asked twice if she wants to swim. She will play
fetch in the lake. We live near the Great Lakes so my husband goes out into
the water with my son closer to shore. My son will throw the stick and
Mazzie will swim to get it with my husband out in the water incase Mazzie
ever runs into trouble (Which she has not). Maggie, my sweet gal, rolls
around in dead fish or whatever other stinky things she can find on shore
instead. She HATES to even get a paw wet. Mazzie even uses the kiddie pool
in the summer. We use a hard, hard plastic type car ramp for a tire so she
can go up it and down it to get into the kiddie pool. She will even dry
herself off if we throw a towel on the ground. She loves water season and it
is probably good therapy for her back and legs with her fusion and with her
birth defected paw. Never has been an issue for her. My mom just bought new
property last year and has a river her chocolate lab swims in so maybe
Mazzie would enjoy that too. Time to invest in a doggy life vest.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,