[Dailydrool] Seniors are Wonderful!!

Maura DeYong mauradeyong at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 06:23:01 PDT 2009

Wendie and Anita are right! Seniors are wonderful to adopt. I just adopted a very senior female basset named Polly. She is in the 12-14 yo range, and so very sweet. I had no idea how easy it is to have her in my house and in my already established pack. She is just happy to have a soft place to sleep and good food and a few snacks here and there. She is so smart and is happy to be with my other dogs and be accepted into their pack. She learned the routine around here quickly! She doesn't bark, doesn't chew, is potty trained, and doesn't require a long walk. She is happy to just go out in the back yard and sniff around. She was dumped on the street and ended up at animal control where she wouldn't be adopted out, so rescue was her only hope. She is so grateful to be safe, you can see it in her eyes. SO, YES, please consider opening your home to a senior basset !  They need you and you won't be sorry.