[Dailydrool] Move completed!

Jaclyn Chancey jaclyn.chancey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:30:52 PDT 2009

I'm a bit behind on Drools. I just wanted to send a quick update on my crew.
We have successfully moved everyone the 1200 miles from Tuscaloosa, Alabama
to Willimantic, Connecticut! Yay! Everyone's getting settled in nicely ...
although unpacking never seems to go as quickly as you think it should. Josh
and Abbie think that we should skip some of the unpacking and put up their
fence so they can spend more time sunning themselves outside without being
on leash. :)
We did end up using a pet moving company. We don't even have a car big
enough to handle two dogs and four cats, not to mention the patience! So we
hired One Paw at a Time (http://www.onepawatatime.com) to handle the
children while Will and I drove the huge UHaul towing a car. Cherie and
Susan were so good with them! I highly recommend them for anyone moving on
the east coast. They also mentioned that they do some rescue transporting
and would like to do more, depending on their schedules. :) I really
appreciated them being a smaller company and a bit more flexible than some
of the larger ground services. Please e-mail me off-list if you want of need
any more info.

Also, a note about my name: I didn't bother changing it back after my
divorce last year. It was such a pain changing it the first time! But I
decided a move to another state was a good time to do it, and I needed to
have a name that I could (hopefully) publish under as part of my Ph.D. work.
So Whitehorn is out and Chancey is back and I'm practicing my old/new
signature again. :)

If there are any Droolers in the area, please drop me a
line. Playdates are good, and I'm also hoping to start more rescue
volunteering once my schedule gets more stable in the fall.
 We're really looking forward to Josh and Abbie's New England debut at
Woofstock in September!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll now work on getting caught back up on my
Drool news.

Jaclyn
with Abbie, Josh, and the cats