[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood Update

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 14:51:11 PDT 2009

Momma here. We are still on poop patrol. Doc called first thing this morning and said drag Elwood on in. So, off we go, X-rays confirm the chunk. It's located in the small intestines, and we are on watch mode, hopeful that it will make its way down and out the tailpipe.? Elwood was in full go mode and no worse for wear during his visit, in fact he was better than normal, as he allowed the girls to take the x-rays without being knocked out. Doc said that if he can pass it it will cause some issue as the edges are not rounded. So, next to the back door are paper plates and plastic forks. Elwood has now made 2 trips out to do his duty, with me in hot pursuit with the equipment. Neighbors have now decided we are totally nuts, as I mash poop on paper plates. We are kind of expecting some sort of "action" this weekend,----of course a weekend--. So we are hoping the drool will move this on out, we will keep you posted.
I have also located the victim of all this. I had a small bird house-a decorative thing in the fenced off area around the bay window. It had a ceramic bottom. I found it in the bush this morning, the bottom gone. It must of blown against the house in a storm and broke, but then this afternoon another happening. I was in my office, working to catch up from taking time for the vet visit, and I heard Jake go out the dog door. My office window is above the back patio, and dog door. Jake is now barking, a different bark-I look and on the patio-under his nose-is something-something blue and he is all about this. I ran, all I could think of was Jake eating something and double trouble. Well out the door I go, and shoo Jake away-Elwood is now on scene also---and much to my suprise, a half of a robins egg is on the patio. No bird, no feathers, and Jake had nothing to say.
So here we are, we know what and where it is with Elwood, and we know drool works many miracles. We also hope Newman gets a good report and we drool for him and anyone else that needs it.

We will keep up the poop report, paws crossed.
Thank you all for thinking of us--

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts