[Dailydrool] Moving, adjustments and eating strange things...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 15:58:29 PDT 2009

Hello fellow Droolers.? The Belles and the Boys from NJ and their people have survived our move. Although we moved less than six miles, it was as tedious as if it was cross country.? We're surrounded by boxes and bins of stuff needing sorting and putting away and, since the Dadslave was in charge of the second leg of the move, there is probably some stuff he packed and snuck into the moving truck which should have been tossed.? Oh well...

The houndage has made their adjustment from having full run of a house with a dog door which exited into a fenced yard whenever the notion struck, to main floor access only and walkies three or four times a day.? Lord have mercy on us, the first two or three days were spent pacing, panting and whining (the hounds, not us, LOL!) at the awful realization of their imprisonment or pulling on their leads while walking, leaving the slaves with sore backs and knees from bracing against 80 plus pounds; we walk two at a time.? Three are walking much better now.? Dud still gets very excited over all the smells on the grass left behind by bunnies or deer.? We back up to a wooded area and often see families of deer while on our deck in the early evening.? We've been here a week now and finally, today there has been no "accidents" to clean up!? And they said you couldn't teach  spoiled dogs new tricks...

Debbie, sorry to hear that the Brudder has eaten another "rock."? What is it about eating stuff that some Bassets cannot help themselves?? Today I watched as Daisy Belle pooped out a long piece of yellow plastic bag she must have snarfed from the trash.? Sigh...sending drool that your poop patrol will see "solid" evidence of the ceramic piece passing through sooner rather than later.

Condolences and heart healing drool to all who have lost a hound or a loved one or who has a sick houndie.? While I haven't had much time to post, I do read the Drool as often as possible.

Hugs and snooters,
Sandi, Mamaslave to The Belles and The Boys from NJ? Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley