[Dailydrool] Anal glands, traveling hounds, Rock chewers, genetics....

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 22:04:23 PDT 2009

Drool to all those in need....

Well I think that it's more like expressing anal glands and packing them with an antibiotic than flushing them.  I would probably only flush them if they were abscessed and there was a draining tract.

Wow there are so many well traveled bassets!  Flash moved from Philadelphia to St Kitts, in the Caribbean to "go to" vet school with me.  When he got off the plane my sister was still in customs and my friend saw him on the luggage carousel going around and around.  No one in the Caribbean had ever seen a basset hound before and didn't want to take the crate off the carousel... supposed lest it be some sort of horrific genetic research gone wrong?  Well he we lived there for three years, then flew back, went through customs where he was searched for drugs (he has that shady look about him).  Then we drove from Philadelphia to Lafayette, Indiana.  Then a year later back to Philly.  He was a hit on the island.  The capital of St Kitts is Basseterre (low lying land).  They would always ask what kind of dog he was and I would tell them, then they would say "He be French?"

Oh Brudder Elwood.... Rocks?  (shakes head) Well enjoy the bread and maybe a big pasta meal as well and we are sending drool to help the rock pass through.

Bassets, corgis, dachshunds etc are a genetic anomalay.  Just like any genetic (phenotype) trait that is considered favorable two animals with this trait were bred together.  So basically the cutest damn genetic anomalay ever bred.  They have chondrodysplasia which is not exactly human dwarfism but is a genetic disorder that affects long bone growth.

Drool for poor Nicki :( and her family.

Laura, Flash and Ryu