[Dailydrool] Dogs in car

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Sun Jul 19 06:34:01 PDT 2009

I will admit that on occasion I leave the dogs in the car - like when we go to the vet then on the way home I need to run into the store. The nearest store is 7 miles from me, so sometimes I need to multi-task. I would never do it on these muggy days we've been having here, but they do well. I park in what ever shade I can find. My van has windows that open in the sliders,not just the front, so I open those as far as they go - half way, the vents in the back, sun roof and front windows half way. I put a silver reflective sun block in the front window and the side/vent windows have built in mesh sun screens that are always up. You can leave them up even when the windows are down. They have water bowls in the back and the van stays pretty much the same temp as if you were just standing in the shade. I know because when I get in there is no big temperature difference. On a hot or humid day when I wouldn't want them spending a long time outside, then obviously waiting in the car isn't an option. I haven't done it yet, but my van also has a regular "plug" outlet in the back, so in theory I could run a fan back there too. Not sure how long the battery would last though.

But, in a car with no sun screens and the windows just cracked? No Way.

Drool to all, especially da Brudder that everything comes out well in the end.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Mango
Ace, Maya, Sage, Kirby