[Dailydrool] Dogs in car

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Sun Jul 19 07:19:32 PDT 2009

I too have left my dogs in my car.. no matter which car, when I do it, the
AC is cranked to max and the car left running and locked, with gaps at each
window.

I've been looking, for some time, for remote temperature and battery/engine
monitoring and have decided I may end up having to cook something up.. like
maybe take a remote cooking thermometer system, and amplify the sending unit
to extend its range ...

I don't do it often, the "leaving them in the car" thing, and usually its
because I'm on the way to a dog related function and need something last
minute at a store, or something like bags of ice at a 7-11
(quickstop/quickie-mart).  To date I've never had a problem, ie, my cars are
all in excellent running condition and have never stalled, and the longest
they were alone in such a condition was 15 mins ...

Does it worry me? of course ... but the alternatives are that I can't go
places and take them, and unfortunately, I don't have family members that
want to go dog places with me ... so its usually just me and the hounds.

If anyone knows of remote sensor/alarms for less than 200 .... please let me
know.. so far most of the stuff I've seen is industrial based, and very
expensive ...

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Dogs in car

I will admit that on occasion I leave the dogs in the car - like when we go
to the vet then on the way home I need to run into the store.