[Dailydrool] Dogs in car

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 06:46:43 PDT 2009

<<My van has windows that open in the sliders,not just the front, so I open
those as far as they go - half way, the vents in the back, sun roof and
front windows half way. >>

Just a warning. The police told us of a case where the people had left the
windows halfway open. When the cops got there, their dog was already dead.
Sometimes people cannot tell how hot it's going to get. It's risky to leave
dogs in cars. And of course it depend on how long the dog is left. I guess
that the guy we "rescued" was in that SUV for at least half an hour. In
another 15 minutes, he might have been dead.

I also think this dog did so well because he was quite young, but not a
little puppy. My guys are older, and I'd hesitate to risk it.

None of us can take risks for others, but I know that in this weather, my
hounds stay home or go in the store with me.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets