[Dailydrool] Cassie the Bassie (Syracuse, NY)

Michelle Brenholtz drummergirl_chel at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 20 09:13:32 PDT 2009

 Hello everyone,

I haven't been on the dailydrool in a long time. I just wanted to ask for prayers and healing drool for my Cassie the Bassie. She has been showing signs of pain over the past month and a half. We were thinking possible leg issues or hip problems and took her to the vet twice in a matter of a few weeks. He did the physical checks on her and of course she didn't display any signs of pain there. It's been about three weeks since that last appointment. Last Friday Cassie began showing signs of obvious pain again. When having to go down stairs she was bunny hopping and limping a little. By Sunday she was having a hard time laying down, standing or walking.

I tried carrying her to take her out but she cried out in pain several times so I put her down. I followed my vets advice and gave her supplements with glucosamine and some aspirin for inflamation. This helped her to finally be able to get comfortable and relax. I scheduled an appointment for her at 2:15pm today. We applied for carecredit to cover expenses because this has come at a very bad time for us financially.

So please send prayers and healing drool our way. I am praying it is not something major that will cost thousands of dollars. But either way it has to be treated. We want to see our Cassie the Bassie back to her old self. :) So my prayers are that this is not a ajor disc issue or hip displaysia. We'll find out soon.

Thanks,

Michelle Brenholtz and Sharon Satterlee

Foodslaves to Cassie the Bassie and Rylee Hound