[Dailydrool] dogs in cars

Sherrilyn panama_jacques at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 18:26:31 PDT 2009

I've been following this thread with interest, since I knew I would be traveling in hot areas with Isabella.  (It was 105 in Laredo yesterday!)  However, I didn't think about checking whether I could lock the car with the a/c running until I got to San Antonio yesterday. Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that my new Honda CRV would not allow me to lock the driver's side door with the motor running. I did figure out a work-around luckily, since she spent 2 hours in the car while I did the paperwork at the border. I unlock another door, get out and go around, open that door, and then reach across and lock the driver's side door. The car then lets me lock the remaining door and my little girl is safe and sound in air-conditioned comfort. Hope this helps someone else!