[Dailydrool] A request for Drool

Michael Brooks michael.brooks88 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 06:58:00 PDT 2009

This morning we helped our Daphne to the bridge. She was well over 15 years old. Her health had been so-so for a while and this morning she let us know it was time. Daphne came to live with us on Dec. 22, 1993. We always said she picked us out because the day we first saw her (and the reat of the litter), she crawled up in our son's lap and snuggled right up (it was a cold December day). For a number of years, Daphne was a single dog but we adopted Peabody (a rescue Border Collie/Basset mix) in Oct. 1999 and Daphne quickly let him know who was boss. Peabody never argued the point. Several years later we adopted another rescue, a basset named Hattie. Hattie fussed at Daphne but Daphne ruled with an iron paw pretty much to the end.

On July 10, Peabody left us for the bridge and now Daphne has gone to join him. We miss them both.

Michael, Diane, Damon, Hattie, Freyja (Psycho-Kitty, Daphne (ATB), Peabody (ATB) and Hooter (ATB)