[Dailydrool] Fly treatment and Itchies

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sat Jul 25 17:07:33 PDT 2009

Hi Marlene,

OMD I loved your fly story especially the ending!  I laughed so hard
I just about peed myself.

You might want to consider giving Miss Maggie some pepcid or something
similiar for her allergic reactions.  In a reaction there are H-1 and H-2 histamines
released.  Benadryl only takes care of the H-1 but pepcid gets the H-2.  I don't
have much luck with Gold Bond (even extra strength) but Ammen'spowder really
seems to my grass allergy gals.  I got mine at Walgreens.  I also  use a benadryl
cream  I got at Big Lots...they call it Anti-Itch cream that works better than hydrocortisone
cream.  I personally shy away from antibiotics unless they are really needed.  I also
use the Blue Ear Power when Sadie Maye and Abby Gale get hot spots from itching
that clears it right up.  I know my vet does antibiotics on hot spots but I don't always
agree with him. LOL

Sending Maggie No Itchies Drool,
Karen and The Dog House Gang

Sadie Maye pawing in....
We love rolling it the grass but the Itchies are the worse....
We gonna steal the plastic card and buy Hypoallergenic grass.
Droolz