[Dailydrool] Marley's new start in life; and a new start of Miss Ruby of Hawaii as well

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 00:41:01 PDT 2009

I am pleased to hear that Marley has relocated himself with a little help from friends to a safer, more loving and appropriate home. I also wanted to let Droolers who have followed her escapades, that Miss Ruby, my basset hound Harley's vagrant chihuhua girlfriend, has also pulled off a minor miracle. After getting Ruby spayed, caught up on her shots and heartworm preventive, Ruby's family screened in their lanai, so that now Ruby has a secured outdoor place to stay when her people are away.The lady of the house has embarked on a diet program, which involves walking Ruby on a leash twice a day. All of this is wonderful news for Ruby.
  Ruby and Harley, modern day Romeo and Juliette, miss one another dearly, however, and look forward to chance encounters or home evasions. About once a week, Ruby manages to escape and be at our house by 6:30AM.  On these days, we let her stay, and take her home at night before bedtime. which seems to work out fine, foir everyoine. Ruby even now wears a collar with her name and phone number on it. Ruby has stopped humping Bo, and all three dogs seem friends again. I must remember that the solution to some problems really can be "give it time", Val, Bo, and Harley (Mom, when is Ruby coming over next?)