[Dailydrool] doesnt like food

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:43:12 PDT 2009

Try a non-grain food for awhile, with some pumpkin in it. Conley came to me
with Giardia. It has taken 4 months after getting rid of the giardia for
sure to get his stools anything close to normal. (And by the way, have you
had the dog tested for Giardia?? It is hard to diagnose. It is harder to get
rid of.)
Anyway after the gazillinth time of scraping the grass instead of picking
up, I switched to a hideously expensive non-grain dog food. The dogs were
mad for it (except Cooper who isn't mad for anything except me) and lo and
behold, within about two weeks I had normal stools. Well....ok....I
didn't,*personally,
* have normal stools, but Conley did. Not that mine are
ABnorm.....nevermind.

Anyway I would have a fecal run specifically for giardia and I would send it
to an outside lab unless your Vet has the snap test for it.
There are cheaper non-grain foods than what I am currently feeding (Home
Kitchen) but if you have just one dog I highly recommend it.  I mix it
occasionally with raw hamburger (Oh my God I never thought I would be doing
this) and cooked chickie, veggies and fruit, all of which I run through a
food processor. (My Mother would die.) The cost, for 4 dogs is prohibitive
and I am going to have to switch to another non-grain food, but I do believe
it has helped itching and stools immensely. No I do not feed raw. Not
really.

MomPerson to Nigel (YUM!) Llewis (YUMMY) Conley (HOT DAMN) and Cooper ( what
IS this? You expect me to EAT THIS? I mean you really do????)