[Dailydrool] lousy watch dogs

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 28 17:00:00 PDT 2009

Oh yeah, watch dog.  I work from home, and yesterday it was raining, and the
girls were yelling at me to go out, even though there's no way they'll go if
it's raining.  Has anyone else ever noticed that animals (dogs and cats at
least) think the front yard is in a different world from the back yard?  In
other words, just because it's pouring rain in the back doesn't mean it's
not nice in the front?  Sorry, back to subject.      It's raining and
they're bellowing, so I open the door and have the glass storm door latched
so they can see out and tell it's raining.  Bellowing stops.  Gracie (BIG
girl) is laying in the hall sleeping, and wakes up to see the mailman (in a
rain slicker) standing on the front porch.  BOOOLOOOOO!! BOOOLOOOO!!! And
she won't quit yelling.  Well I praised her up and down for being so brave
and protecting Mama and Holly and the kitties, but she keeps bellowing.  So
I go to the door and open it to let her see that the man is gone (not
raining now) and Holly comes running, but not Gracie, nonononono she's not
coming, the big chicken is SCARED of the man on the porch.  So, laugh and
end of story, or so I thought.  Late yesterday evening the lights were off
in the front of the house and I was working in the office in the back.
Decided to go get something in the front area, Gracie is sleeping in the
hall, pointed at the front door.  We have a frosted glass front door.  So
the way the light are shining, my reflection shows on the door as I'm
walking up the hall.  BOOOLOOOOO!!! BOOOLOOOOO!!! BOOOLOOOOO!!!  And running
and carrying on, the big chicken had been laying there watching the door all
evening and she thought my reflection was the bad man coming back on the
porch.  She wouldn't let me out of her sight the rest of the night, and it
sure wasn't because she was protecting me.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

  _____