[Dailydrool] Blue Buffalo & Weather

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 14:50:10 PDT 2009

FOOD
When we adopted Beau, he needed to put on some weight so I started him on
Blue Buffalo kibble and switched my other basset, Sally, to Blue as well. I
did this because I heard great reviews and thought it would be worth a try
since it is probably the highest quality dog food that my wallet can afford.
My dogs loved the taste of it (Beau was a stray who hadn't eaten in who
knows how long so he probably would have eaten anything anyway) but it did a
number on their digestive systems. They had very soft and smelly bowel
movements that were a mess to clean up, and both of them had horrible gas
all the time. I kept thinking it would get better so we went through a 35
pound bag with them but it didn't get any better and I switched back to
Nutro Ultra which I love. Beau's coat is silky smooth now and both of their
bowels have gone back to being small and compact and healthy, and their gas
problems have disappeared.

WEATHER
Sally doesn't care about the weather at ALL, except that she prefers not to
go outside in the snow (she's originally from Ecuador, so I think snow is
just a weird unknown for her!). We've discovered recently that Beau is NOT a
fan of thunderstorms. He paces around the house and pants and shakes while
Sally just lays on the couch and seems indifferent. Beau curls up on the
floor as far away from windows and doors as he can get. If it is stormy at
night when we go to sleep he won't even sleep in his bed because it is below
a window.

-Emily