[Dailydrool] Happy Birthday to my big man!

Brandie Allen hnddg221 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 08:26:20 PDT 2009

I am soooo far behind on my drools, I think I have over 55 digests to read...but I will read them all!!

So heart healing drool to anyone, hound or slave that may need it...lots of drool in my house, so it's flies where ever it may be needed.

Today is my Rusty's 8th birthday...he is my big man weighing in at about 85 lbs, but is a lap dog at heart.  We rescued Rusty from Tri-State when he was just 9 months old, he was at the very 1st Boardwaddle we had ever attended and was looking for a new home, I think we are his 3rd home.  I was looking for a playmate for Mugzy who had just turned one and as they say, the rest is history.

Rusty is my "middle" child and needless to say, we have had a few issues with him, but I love him all the same.  Recently he has become somewhat annoyed at my pregnancy and has been acting out..I have come to realize that he just needed more mommy time..he was used to laying in my lap everynight while we watch TV or he helps me read a book...well the lap is gone and I think he is feeling rejected.  So every morning I let him get in the bed with me and we cuddle, he seems to have come out of his funk and doesn't growl or snap at me anymore.  Just hope he continues this behaviour once the baby is here in 6 short weeks!

So anyway, happy birthday to my boy Rusty..aka...Big, Mr. Handsome, RussyRuss...birthday cake when we get home tonight!!!!

Brandie
owned and operated by Mugzy, Rusty and Stewie