[Dailydrool] Anyone available to help in Ohio?

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 31 07:10:33 PDT 2009

My former neighbor passed away, leaving two basset boys, Leroy age 5 and Droopy, age 9,  I think.  His girlfriend wants to keep the boys, but is in a situation where she needs to look for a place to live where she will be able to keep them, and they need a temporary home until that happens.  Are there any Droolers in or around the Dayton, Ohio area that would have room for a couple of roomers temporarily?  If so, please email me off list, and I will provide her phone number.
On another note, if there are any Droolers in Ohio with a little extra room and love to spare, Ohio Basset Rescue is desperate for foster homes, adopters and donations.  There are over 61 bassets in their care at the moment, and some are being boarded at a vet's kennel due to lack of foster homes, which eats up any available funds very quickly and does nothing to help socialize and evaluate the homeless hounds.  There are several very ill puppies that will require extensive vet care in order to become well enought to adopt out.  It is a dire situation in Ohio, and any help is appreciated.  Please go to ohiobassetrescue.org for more information on donating or fostering.