[Dailydrool] Five years ago today

Jan Marchlewski jan3luski at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 31 07:33:28 PDT 2009

Five years ago today my life changed. It was as easy as stepping into the local humane society. It was the day I met Tia.

My sister wanted to adopt a male dog. As she went from cage to cage in the male ward, I noticed a red and white basset. I asked "what about this one?"  That dog was a female basset named Tia. Why was a female basset in the male wing? My sister adopted Tia that day. The next morning on Animal Planet the basset hound was featured on "Breed All About It." I thought the timing was ironic.  Was it a sign?  As I got to know Tia, I fell in love with the basset breed.

Now five years later, I can't imagine life without couple of bassets in it.  My sister and I are both involved in basset rescue.   Numerous basset hounds have passed through our house - some staying just one night; others a few months; a few found their forever homes here.  I've met so many bassets and their foodslaves - some droolers, some not.  Dried drool on my clothes is normal. To think my life changed so much just because of one dog.

Happy Gotcha Day Tia!

Jan
Lady, Grace & Lenny