[Dailydrool] Help...Rabies vaccine not showing in bloodwork?

Jessica Mueller jessica_faye at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 31 19:01:16 PDT 2009

Hi! We had our 3 year old Basset Shelby vaccinated for rabies when she was still a puppy. Three years later we're now trying to move to Hawaii which has strict quarantine laws. Our vet did the bloodwork last week to verify that the vaccine was in her system. Today he called and says that the test was negative and in order to fly her with us in Dec we have to start the process all over again which means she'll be in quarantine about 30 or more days. Has anyone else had similar problems? I have ALL her vet records showing she's been vaccinated multiple time so I'm a bit peeved. I didn't think this was possible...