[Dailydrool] Fencing

Alan Folsom alan at folsoms.net
Sun Jun 7 17:41:13 PDT 2009

My great thanks to everyone who gave advice on our fencing a month or
two ago.  We went with 5ft chainlink, with bottom railing.  Ginger loves
getting out, and after only 4 days is getting pretty bossy about it.
She loves doing "her business" without being watched, and has already
caught a baby bunny and a bird.  (Bunny survived, bird probably not)

Even more fun has been Alfie the Wonderbeagle.  Whenever before he has
snuck out the back door, he's made a beeline for the back corner,
heading for open yards, a small patch of woods, and several hours of
playing hide-and-seek with my sons trying to catch him.  When we let him
out, it was hilarious.   I think you can still see the grid from the
chain link in his nose.  He stopped short, and you could almost see the
thought-balloon over his head "What the F%$!#".  He then ran to the
other back corner of the yard, and the $#!@ fence was still there!!
Getting to chase a few bunnies has made it tolerable, but he still
dashes to the back corner, ever hopeful, every time we let him out.