[Dailydrool] Announcement

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:28:44 PDT 2009

This is Brenda of Dog Woods Farm, MomSlave to Molly, Buttercup and Tinkerbewwe ob Dog Woods Farm.  We would like to make an announcement.

We have adopted a senior Basset girl (aren't you proud of us, Elder Clara?)! Our neighbors found this little stray tricolor girl on the court square in the middle of town hot, thirsty, tired and dodging traffic. They saw her when they went through, and she was still there when they went back through 45 minutes later and still dodging traffic. They brought her to us and we took her in. She didn't pee for over 12 hours, so she must have been dehydrated. We tried unsuccessfully to find her owner (she had on a collar but no tags), so she is now Daisy of Dog Woods Farm. She is very thin, her nails are extremely long, she has a large raw area on the front of her neck, and she has a baseball size lump on her tummy. She has been bathed, fed, watered, walked and loved since we have had her. She is going to the vetlady tomorrow for a checkup, vaccinations and evaluation of her trouble spots. She is just the sweetest girl and she loves to be loved! She sleeps with us every night all night long and has not yet had an accident (or an "on purpose") in the house. She is a very loved and precious girl!

I have been following the thread about Taste of the Wild kibble. Tinkerbelle has a mast cell tumor as I have mentioned before. My friend told me her dog did also, and that she responded well to a grain free diet. I tried Taste of the Wild as well as giving her Benadryl and (no kidding) Tink's tumor all but disappeared with a few weeks. I took her off the kibble and gave her just canned as a soft diet (due to a hopefully noncancerous tumor in her cheek that was bleeding when she ate. Her teeth irritated it.) Within a week or so her tumor was as big as it was before. I solved the problem by grinding up the kibble in the blender and giving it with her canned. Hopefully the tumor will shrink again. Many dogs are allergic to grain, and she is one of them. I recommend Taste of the Wild to anyone considering a grain free diet for their hounds.

See our DD calendar page June 23, 2009!!

Brenda and the Thundering Herd of Dog Woods Farm