[Dailydrool] Lesie

Racetrcker at aol.com Racetrcker at aol.com
Mon Jun 15 07:16:27 PDT 2009

I want to thank everyone who has written to me about our loss of  Lexie.
It means so much to hear from other basset slaves.   I  still am having
trouble realizing that she isn't here with us anymore. We had  been worried about
Rocky since he had a mast cell tumor removed a few months ago  and the
doctor said there was a good chance that would recur and then a couple  of
months ago we had a scare with him and a liver problem.   He is now  taking liver
enzyme pills and is on a special diet but he is the one we were  worried
about health wise.  And then little Lexie got so sick so fast and  was gone.
It is so hard.  Rocky is handling it better than we  expected.  I think he
is still looking for her and goes off by himself  sometimes which he never
used to do but I think he is grieving in his own  way.  We are thinking we
will be getting another girl in a few weeks but  need some time first to get
over losing Lexie.  Thanks again for all the  messages.

Carol

fingertips.