[Dailydrool] LYLE

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 23 13:30:08 PDT 2009

Well the last thing we want to happen cuz he knows he is
longer than most canines and is very prone to back injuries
which require surgery.I would not encourage him to use
the stairs cuz he can't talk to tell you it hurts. He
s a very smart basset!
Miss Becky wore magnets and belts   and even going down is bad for bassets.
If you have to carry him it's a small duty to save him from
not being able to walk at all. He is  11        .  Once Miss
Becky couldn't walk for a week and was caged and vet was
very indignant that she not use stairs again,.

So buy a ramp, carry him.  They aren't with us long enough and
the back gets them,.
 I have had personal stairs for her for last 5 years.
Georgie and Miss Becky