[Dailydrool] Englishman in New York

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Tue Jun 2 03:25:06 PDT 2009

Hi Droolers

Daddy-slave is in Manhattan today and is moving on to Los Angeles tomorrow.

So ..... if some tall Englishman approaches you for a Basset-fix in either of these locations you know who he is!

Meantime, the hounds and I are home alone in gloriously sunny Devon, UK.  They are being reasonably well behaved - but I am chaperoned constantly by one or both hounds.  Having carelessly 'lost' one food slave, I guess they are keeping close tabs on the second!

It seems a relocation to the States might be on the cards.  I haven't discussed it with the hounds but I'm sure they could be persuaded with tales of gloriously good food and adventures.

One question:  how long does it take for food to typically 'pass through' a hound?  Alfie scored a poo bag on Sunday and it has not yet emerged from either end!  This one was anti-bacterial and I'm a bit concerned about the damage it might do to his insides if it gets 'stuck'.

Thanks,

I hope everyone and everyhound is enjoying the weather!

Hilary, Alfie and Millie