[Dailydrool] Jordini saga continues

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Wed Jun 3 06:20:50 PDT 2009

Many of you suggested I use a web cam to capture my little escape artist in
 the act. Don't have one and am not sure I could master the technology so I
went  low tech. Friday nite  I slept on the sofa in the family room where I
 have her crate. About 5:30 am I was awakened by a click and a minute later
 Jordan appeared on the other side of the recliner. The crate she  was in
is  by Pet Gear and is called "The Other Door". It has a molded plastic top,
bottom  and corners with wire doors at either end and wire sides. One side
slides up like a garage door for easy access. It is on wheels making it easy
to  move for cleaning and it also is a dandy end table. It appears little
Ms Jordan  found that  if she pushed against the side door in just the right
spot, the  latch would give and she could wriggle out and once out, the
weight of the  door snapped the latch closed. So I set up a wire collapsible
crate like most of  us use. Sun  am she was in it. Went out for a few
hours,Jordan in the  crate  when I returned. Mon AM she is in the crate- Aha! got
you. No, Mon  eve when I came home I was greeted by her. She had loosened the
back wall on the  crate just enough to get out. I made certain everything was
latched tight and  Tues AM she is in the crate. Last night I come home and
she meets me at the  door. She managed to loosen a different part of the
crate! This girl only weighs  33 lbs. Loki was in the Pet Gear crate for a year
and never figured it out. So  today I  took the clips from my xpen and some
old clips off of leashes and  have reinforced all four corners on the wire
crate. We'll see where she is  tonight!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan(I am having so much  fun!)
**************Shop Inspiron, Studio and XPS Laptops at Dell.com
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222616459x1201464730/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.d
oubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215218145%3B37264238%3Bd)