[Dailydrool] itchy skin and flews

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:39:35 PDT 2009

Mitchell had this when the weather got humid. Now there was a REAL drooler,
and as a consequence, his lips, flews and chin never dried completely and he
would get yeast infections. Buy some Oxy-10 (I think it's called) acne
medicine pads, or ask your Vet for some
Benzoyl Peroxide gel ("Pyoben") and apply to the lips, flews and chin. The
pads are easiest to use but the gel is more effective, just keep both out of
the mouth (if you can) and way away from eyes. This dries the skin out and
must kill the yeast, I don't know. You may need to also give an antibiotic
if the dog has managed to get it infected. It seems to me we always started
with a run of Clavamox and the Pyoben and then after it cleared up just the
Pyoben once a day.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley & Cooper