[Dailydrool] Senior Rescue Hounds

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Wed Jun 3 10:26:55 PDT 2009

I have adopted 3 seniors and one unadoptable, special needs
hound.  The adoption fee has been waived for all because
they are very hard to find homes for.  I was actually told
little Lizzy was 11 years old when, in fact she was 13,
because they were sure no one would take her.  We have only
raised one hound from a puppy and she died a year before she
would have been 4 from Lymphona.  Since then, we have
decided to only adopt seniors.  Robert's comments are great.
It can be expensive, but the joy and love these older guys
give us far outweigh any cost.  Not alot of people
understand how rewarding it can be, so adoption fees are
waived alot for older hounds.  Ann