[Dailydrool] adoption fees

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:23:44 PDT 2009

I wish it were standard.  They do with children with special needs, older kids are considered special needs and it helps a lot.  There is controversy in the adoption world over it, some people feeling the children will feel semeaned at bing "bargins"  but most kids can understand that their adoptive parents might not have been able to afford rearing a special needs child without the support of the agency in reducing fees.  We adopted 3 special needs children, the reduced fees made the adoptions possible and the US adoption included a monthly stipend as our yougest child, now 20, has mental and moderated physical disabilities.  My husband felt we did not need the stipend but the social worker insisted and I can tell you that stipend has helped us out tremendously.  Kiddo has Austism and one of his few interests is eating out in restaurants and not McDonalds either, the kind with waitresses and serves raspberry sorbet, even as a treat this can get to your wallet.  A senoir dog will sooner or later need meds that can run up the vet bills.  We have done 2 rescues and whenever possible try to send on occasional 25 dollars or so their wa when we can, we do the same with Holt who help us our with our daughter's adoption., for the same reason, we appreciate the efforts they make to same and help the helpless.  Money spent on dogs isn't always translated to care given.  We've all seen the Animal Plant show where people have left dexpensive breeds of dogs like purebred dalmations and belgian malinois to starve to death because they can't be bothered to even bring or even call the animal shelter themselves.  The callousness some people exhibit toward their helpless, dependant pet astounds me but there you have people do it all the time.  Education and public opinion has helped, as have laws that have some bite to them. Just think at how badly animals were treated in our chilhoos, my neighbore refularly frowned his female cat's kittens.  By time I had grown up they got their cats neutered.  May things continue to progress for our furry friends.  Sue K Momperson to Buttercup,, Beau Honey and, the clawed one Loki, BW and Jordy, oh and grumpy Mickey the cockateil