[Dailydrool] Basset contrariness & playing with friends

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 12:43:43 PDT 2009

This morning, I was due in work.  Because of the hot weather, Morse has been very reluctant for his morning walks.  So, foolishly, I thought that we would do the same this morning - leave home 8.30, do flat basset on the drive, turn for home - and I would be in work 9ish.  And that just shows that you should never under-estimate a basset hound.  The air was cooler, and Morse was keen.  We returned home at 10.45am, and I called work and said I would work tomorrow instead.  Thank dog they are basset-friendly.

Morse had a meet up with 3 friends Monday night (after a very hot day) - Indiana, Fern, and 12 week old buppy Purdie.  Here are some pictures; despite Morse's horrified expression in some pictures, he IS loving it!  He is still 81 lbs - we are trying to get him to lose weight, but with his penchant for cat turd, its not easy...

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/cornishstumpy/Morse%20Fern%20and%20Purdie/?albumview=slideshow

Plus, 2 videos:

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/cornishstumpy/Morse%20Fern%20and%20Purdie/?action=view&current=038.flv

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/cornishstumpy/Morse%20Fern%20and%20Purdie/?action=view&current=039.flv