[Dailydrool] Itchies & adoption fees

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:44:29 PDT 2009

Itchy Charley can get some relief from Benadryl - totally safe for dogs and easy to dose as they get 1 mg. per lb.  Benadryl is available in 25 mg. so my dachshund gets one half and the bassets get one or two whole tablets.  This will only relieve the itchies - unlimately you need to figure out if you are dealing with a fungus or an allergy.  The peepee is probably from licking but the dogpits could be a fungus and the tummy could be a contact allergy!  I bathe my dogs in an anti-fungal shampoo (Malaseb) and we never have a dogpit problem!

All of the rescues I have worked with have a sliding scale of adoption fees - more for puppies and less as the dogs age.  Some waive fees for very old dogs - anything to encourage people to adopt those lovely seniors!  In my humble opinion, if you can't afford an adoption fee, you can't afford the dog - but I can't be opposed to adopters spending the waived fees on nice new collars, beds and the all important vet visits!

It is raining outside here in Florida and the Basset 500 is being run in my house - supervised by Rudy the 9 year old Dachshund who never thought his legs were too short til he tried to keep up with the 1 and 2 year old buppy bassets!  Must go cheer on Hannah Lee Dawg who is currently in the lead!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me