[Dailydrool] Rolph and the police

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Thu Jun 4 07:16:48 PDT 2009

Today I decided to go to the seafront. The dogs love it there, lots of things to smell and dropped food to guzzle.
Dogs are banned from the beaches between May and September, so we walked along the esplanade.

Now Rolph loves the beach and he has little respect for local law. Consequently, he spent his time trying to jump over the sea wall and I spent the same time trying to stop him.
Then he went flat basset and just wouldn't move. He wanted the beach. I was trying to drag him away, with Clara and a bag of poo in the other hand.

At that moment a police car pulled up. The two women inside watched me trying to drag this poor dog along, then opened the driver's door.

Like I said, Rolph has no respect for the law, and it's well known officers often carry things like sandwiches and sweets. He leapt up and shot straight into the police car.
Lickily the officer in the driver's chair was a dog person and just laughed and gave him cuddles (and Clara, who had to join in). She agreed it was a shame they were not allowed on the beach when it was empty, but that rules are rules. She  gently put the dogs out on the esplande and pulled away.

As she did, Rolph took his moment and shot straight over the sea wall on to the beach. I mean, right in front of the police! And he did it where the drop is about 5ft and he couldn't (even if he wanted to) jump back up. So he got his walk on the beach.

Anyone fancy posting bail?

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK