[Dailydrool] Adoption fees and Transport Volunteers

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 07:17:21 PDT 2009

First, I loved the video dedicated to volunteers who help transport dogs to rescue.? Fred and Annie were transported from Arkansas to New Jersey, and the caravan continued on to Massachusetts (I believe) with a few other hounds rescued by OMBR.? They spent at least one night in the home of a volunteer family along the way...that must've been interesting!? Now, I'm geographically challenged, and not EXACTLY sure where Arkansas is, but I know that it's far away.? To think that my dogs, who I have difficulty with on a 10 minute car ride to the vet, were driven for days by people? I will never meet, just so that they could get home to me, is amazing.? I?have thanked the members of OMBR who saved them, and MidABHR for uniting us.? Now, to all of those who helped to physically get them to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

As far as adoption fees go...I think I paid $200 each for Fred and Annie (although I could be mistaken, it was a few years ago.)? Anyway, whenever I'm doing something to them that they're not thrilled with (usually cleaning some body party or giving them medicine) and they are being less than cooperative, I'll say, "I paid $200 for you...you have to let me do this!"? They are not?impressed with this because, in their minds (and mine) they are priceless!!

Rose, Annie and Fred ($400 for the two of us...she got a bargain!!)