[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:06:03 PDT 2009

Buttercup's Momperson here asking for help with diet information of the slighly rotund Basset diva.  We have Buttercup on Hill's r/d prescription diet dry food and are nearinf the end of a 20 lb bag will little to show for our efforts.  Buttercup accepted the diet food with only minimal dirty looks but as not shown much improvement.  I do mix it with a little meat or shredded cheese but not a lot, treting by some members of the family is an ongoing problem but he insists he does not give her that much and she does have to share with 2 other bassets.  She wieghed in at 72 lbs at her last vet visit but she is a big bodied basset with very short legs.  She was the largest puppy in her litter.  She has hip dysplasia so it is important to get and keep her weight down, however she has different ideas.  I have been trying to feed our new rescue Honey on the sly in the kitchen but Buttercup caught on and has repoisitioned herself to keep an eye on the kitchen giving up her favorite loveseat to make sure I am not giving out any handouts that do no include HERSELF.  Long walks are not on her agenda but she will take small ones.  Any advise is appreciated.  Sue K