[Dailydrool] Any Rescues Looking to Place a Bonded Pair of Bassets???

Beth_Fuller at alnd.uscourts.gov Beth_Fuller at alnd.uscourts.gov
Fri Jun 5 20:19:31 PDT 2009

My long-time friend Mary Relfe just lost her wonderful basset Foxy earlier
this week.  Foxy had successfully battled lymphoma for a couple of years.
Mary Relfe now lives in Washington (State), but is back home in Alabama at
the moment, visiting her family.  She drove from Washington to Alabama just
so Foxy could visit Alabama one last time.  Foxy made it to Alabama, but
sadly lost her fight with lymphoma the morning after she arrived back home.

Mary Relfe, along with her husband and daughter, have decided that Foxy
would not want them to be bassetless for long.  I just got the following
message from her:

"We have decided the best thing we can do about the Fox is to adopt another
basset, but this time two.  We would like to get a bonded pair. We are
travelling across the country from Alabama to Washington the end of June so
we could get one just about anywhere."

She has asked me to put the word out to see if any rescues have a bonded
pair of bassets they are hoping to place together.  It would be a basset's
dream come true to get a forever home with Mary Relfe and her family.

If anyone has a pair of bassets who need an incredible home, please let me
know and I can give you more information about Mary Relfe and put you in
touch with her.

Beth, Abby, Kaylee and Rosie