[Dailydrool] Taking my hound to the vet - need healing drool andhopeful thoughts

Robert Schmid r.schmid at myactv.net
Fri Jun 5 22:01:36 PDT 2009

Sorry to hear about the problems the "Big guy" is having. I actually now how
you must be feeling,we had to make a very painful decision about three
months ago with our "Princess" Harley Davidson,she had Lymphoma and she was
almost 11,so putting her through chemotherapy was not an option for us,we
believe that it was cruel to put her through that process,so we ask for pain
medication so that she would enjoy her life .just remember that all you have
to do is look at "Brutus" and he'll let you know when is time to say good
bye. Is one of those things that we must endure because we love them that
much,and he knows that he can count on you to always make the right choice.I
think that you are a wonderful person for adopting a senior hound(at least
that's what I'm understanding from the e-mail) ,we did too..a long time ago
his name was Zeberman ,he was 9 years old and he could not see,had bad
arthritis and he had an under bite,he looked like Pumba from the lion king
(LOL),and he was the greatest birthday present I've ever got ,my husband
would never be able to top that one, he passed away almost at 15 years of
age,and  even though friends told me that it was stupid to get an old dog
because they have nothing left and they could go anytime.I agree with the
second part,but that did not stop me from having the most wonderful friend
loyal companion with the greatest apetite for life and food of course,we are
talking about bassets...)seniors are so special,they are grateful everyday
for everything you do,they are  loyal and their love for you is even greater
(please don't be mad basset lovers,try to understand what I'm saying)
because usually a human has already let them down and they open themselves
to get hurt again because their heart is that BIG and if you love then back
like you do they know that they got a second chance to a forever home.Queen
Bailey and duchess Zelda are sending kisses and praying for him and you.
What ever happens ,know that you had and have the tremendous blessing of
having a Basset Hound fur baby or as we love to call them here at home  "an
angel wearing a basset suit",keep us posted,thinking of you ,Lou and Robert
food slaves of Queen Bailey and duchess Zelda.,(and forever in our hearts
Princess Harley Davidson (ATB),Prince Zeberman (ATB),and the Duke Zekual
(ATB)...one day we will meet again and we'll cross the Rainbow Bridge
together...bassets Rule!!!!!!)

Zeberman king of hearts!!!