[Dailydrool] Snoozin hounds

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 06:09:48 PDT 2009

Momma here.
I had to chime in on the thread of noises of snoozing hounds.
I have to "set the stage" on this, so you all get the picture in your mind.
When we went to the Waddle, Sandi Wittenberg was ever gracious to have us stay at her home the night before waddle weendend and the night after the waddle. I had seen photos of her home, but being there was breathtaking. The fenced acres so lush, nary a weed in sight, the house is beautiful, basset crap that would make your eyeballs spin, even a full guest room done in basset motif. The Red Bay boys have their own wing of the home. I want to move in.
I was in heaven-and had Brudder Elwood with me.
I unloaded Elwood and whispered in his ear that if he didn't behave, Aunite Sandi would not only grind his toebones, but every appendage on him at my request. He was a good boy, thank you Elwood.
On the return night, I knew I had to get up and roll, we had a long drive back, and work/home commitments didn't leave time to run late. We were pulling out at 4am. It was about 3;00am, I cracked a eyeball at a deep hound moan. Within seconds 5 Redbay Boys are in full howl. Bellhound Grady smelled cinnamon rolls in the oven, and set off the alarm. Now these boys howl with a gusto that will bring you off the mattress, cling to the ceiling fan, and laugh until your sides hurt. I could only imagine how the wonderful aroma must of brought Grady out of a full snooze, inticing that grand snooter. I would of loved to seen the look on his face--

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts