[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 61, Issue 13

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Sat Jun 6 13:06:41 PDT 2009

Re: Buttercup's weight loss program:

Susan, I had to do some serious work on Maggie's waistline a couple of years
ago. She had to lose 10 or 15 pounds. One thing the vet said was not to make
it go away too fast. Be patient.

She had been on Nutro Lamb and Rice, and I changed her to the Lite version
of the same. Plus, obviously, at much less quantity than what the label
suggests. She was 75 pounds, and I feed her twice a day, one and a half cups
each time. And snackies went bye-bye. Well, almost. I do have small biscuits
(Iams Weight Control), and she gets three at bedtime.

But the biggest difference was the walkies. Yup. Dragged that sorry pooch
out on a rope. We started at 1/4 mile, and over a 4 month period I got her
going 1.5 miles a day. Since I've been injured and can't get out for long
walks every day, Maggie isn't very happy with me. She really got to where
she loves going out. So we're working back up to getting her on the road
again.

It took months - probably close to a year - but she lost around 10 pounds.
We kept at it, and now, at about 60 lbs, she's gained a waistline. And an
appetite. Yes, she's ALWAYS hungry and looking for anything edible anywhere.
But that's manageable <grin>.

Tim
Basset Pappy to Maggie, Beethoven, and wanna-be Dreamer