[Dailydrool] QUEEN POPPY STILL REIGNS

GGrf232 at aol.com GGrf232 at aol.com
Sun Jun 7 13:06:04 PDT 2009

Sat June 6th; the UK Basset Event of the Year. This  year the weather was
abysmal, continuous heavy rain which did not let up for a  moment.
Fortunately the organisers had arranged for a very large marquee to be  available,
just as well otherwise the whole event would have been called off.  The day is
organised by the Midland branch of the Basset Hound Club and has for  some
years been recognised as the event to be at for all rehomed (rescue)
Bassets. This year because of the weather forecast we had less than 100 hounds,
usually there are at least double that number.
However the events although somewhat curtailed went  ahead and it seems
that the fund raising projects were  successful.

Now for the really good bits; Poppy, who won the Best  Rescue Bitch title
last year walked off with it again and so retains her Queen  title for
another year along with a handsome trophy. This is the third time in  five years
she has won it and this time it was most definitely not a sympathy  vote.
Dylan, who never wins anything except longest dog, won  the Best Rescue Dog
and then finally the Reserve Best in  Show.

Best of all I met several hounds which I had rehomed  over the last 18
months and they were all looking good.

Terry
Wilbarston      England