[Dailydrool] Foster Failure

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 11 09:30:14 PDT 2009

Ho hoho  that is wonderful and funny.  I am sure DH already suspects - Almost as
devious as my mother who would always stick up for us. My brother who broke
every barn window - Dad would spank him  and fix them and he'd do it again and broke Dad's tape measure
and it was well known you stayed out of his toolbox. He also set the orchard on fire while boiling sap
Well she put the broken piece back in and I forget how it turned out  when he
used it again and found out..
Brother turned out to be a detective so buess it was a learning experience for  him.
 You know how Bassets  grow on you.  Bet he'll miss her if she goes.  It's wonderful
you are going to care for her tho. And a vet ortho in Calgary told me that bassets don't have
the hip thing - loose hips yes  but they're built like midgets and have the same problems and
the problem lay in her back.
I taped Miss Becky up when we thought she had a cruciate - vet said no - loose hips and
back waiting to meld near tail.
-- she was put on horse glocosomate from vets office and recovered. She had a few
sore hip episodes but lived to be 15 yrs  4 mo. 2 days still walking. She also wore magnets
and magnet belts and took arthritic meds. She recovered to be able to walk for another five yeras
It was her heart in end.
Sure others have more tips.
I still think he knows. When she's been there for 9 months I am sure it will dawn on him that
by then he will be very very attached and hope nobody else does adopts her.  She will have wormed her way in
by then..
arooooooooooooooooooar !
Georgie and Miss Becky