[Dailydrool] Taste of the Wild- Overfeeding

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Thu Jun 11 17:20:50 PDT 2009

Like I said before all my dogs do well on Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream (the fish based one).

I very rarely go by what is on the packaging of any dog food as to amounts to feed.
Start with Less then the recommended amount.
Maggie- 68 lbs get 3/4 cup twice a day. (Maggie is a very large Basset)

Marty the 8 month old male puppy is 45 lbs, skinny as a rail and get 2 cups twice a day.

Emma & Lucy, 52 lbs & 48.5 lbs get a half a cup twice a day.

They all get a small handfull of Bill-Jac frozen mixed in, except the puppy who gets a couple of forkfuls of Blue Canned.
Bil-Jac has mollasses in it and Marty doesn't need any extra sugar.  lol
When I don't have the Bil-Jac they all get a Forkful of Blue.

Except for a treat after meals and one before bed thats it.

I also have to watch the Dachshunds weight just as diligently.    If they look a little thin, they get more.   a little pudgy , they get less.
Both breeds are pros at looking like they are starving.  Don't give in, or if you must, a small piece of carrot makes them think their getting something special.

I do believe that going down stairs is the worst thing in the world for both Bassets and Dachshunds.   JMHO

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/