[Dailydrool] Taste of the Wild dog food; grain-free food

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Jun 12 04:42:49 PDT 2009

Yesterday, while poking around on the internet, I found a site that was
talking about Taste of the Wild. Someone said it was made by Diamond, the
folks who have had so many issues with food that's been toxic for animals.
So I checked it out. Though on the Web sites there is no indication that
Diamond owns the Taste of the Wild company, it's rather suspicious that they
both have the same address in Meta, MO. On top of that, the address isn't
even a place--it's a PO Box.

Does anyone happen to know anything about this? The food looked quite good
until I heard about that.

With all the talk about grain-free food, I'm not sure if I really started
this topic. I needed something without corn or wheat it in, but there are
plenty of other grains my hounds have no trouble with. I think our current
food uses barley. That's really what I've been looking for--a balanced food
that will keep the hounds from itching.

I think I'd avoid too much meat, since I have seniors, who wouldn't tolerate
it (as I understand it) as well as a very active youngster. But I thank the
person who asked about this, since it will keep me alert to the needs of my
hounds.
Pam